1 Privacy statement
This privacy statement sets out how Amcrest Construction Ltd stores and uses personal data in connection with the day to day business when you use this website or when you contact us.
Amcrest may change this policy from time to time. You should check the policy periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
2 We hold data of individuals as follows:
- Staff and directors of the company (including previous employees). We may also hold information of prospective employees who have attended interview, submitted CV’s or been offered employment.
- Clients of ongoing, completed or potential projects, along with details of associated individuals i.e. architects, suppliers, sub-contractors, surveyors or consultants.
- Potential clients who have approached us or been referred to us or other individuals or companies who we feel may benefit from our services.
2.1 Staff and Directors
The Office Manager is responsible for the personal records of individuals and only the Office Manager, Bookkeeper and Director have access to these records. The Employee data policy includes all information with regards to what personal data is held, how it is stored and the rights of individuals to view their own records.
2.2 Clients and Associated Individuals
The company retains information on the office database and in paper files of clients and associated project related individuals addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers. During a building contract we make payments to suppliers on behalf of our clients, therefore, we hold supplier and sub-contractor bank details on our accounting system, which is password protected. We do not require our clients bank details, unless a credit is due on their account, in which case the information would not be held on our database and would only be recorded in our accounting system.
2.3 What we do with the information we gather
This information is used by us to contact you with regards to projects we may be assisting with or potential projects we have been approached about. We may contact you for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may periodically send correspondence to update you on the services we provide
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
4 Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website or on paper, under the General Data Protection Regulations we need you to actively opt in to receive communications.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We respect your privacy and will not sell or pass this information to anyone unless required by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Amcrest Construction Ltd, Unit 20 Pipers Industrial Estate, Pipers Lane, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG19 4NA or email to firstname.lastname@example.org we will send you our Subject Access Request Form by return.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
5 Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. We will not share or sell your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
6 Safeguarding Measures
Amcrest takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your sensitive and personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction.
By communicating, commenting or asking us to contact you, you understand that you are providing this information to us voluntarily and there is a legitimate reason to retain this information for the period required to discharge those obligations mentioned above. Without the contact information we will not be able to get back to you.
8 Your Rights
You have the right to ensure:
- We process your data fairly and lawfully within the consent you have provided us
- Your data is accurate
- Adequate, not excessive
- Data is secure
- Have your data updated and amended if it is incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- Know how long we keep your data
- Withdraw your consent to the use of your information and ask us to erase your data at any point and be forgotten. Please note that we may still be entitled to process your information if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so and there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your information but we are legally entitled to retain it
- Ask us to provide details of your personal data that we hold
- Restrict the level of processing in certain circumstances. Again there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request
- Make a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us
9 How Long do we Keep your Data
Your information will be retained indefinitely or until you make a request for it to be removed or until the product/service you expressed an interest in is no longer available and/or provided
10 How your Data is Protected
This information will be retained on an internal database, on an internal computer and in some circumstances paper records; all will be protected by security arrangements. If you feel this is not sufficient then please do not provide any personal information or let us know and we will dispose of the information securely.
11 How to Contact Us
If you have any issues with our privacy statement or if you feel your data has been used unfairly, then please contact us using by emailing on email@example.com or by writing to us using the company address.